Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 9, 2013


On August 28, 2011 I became a foster mom.  Two little boys came into my life and changed it forever.  This year, I will be able to lose the title “foster” and finally be their forever mom.  I can’t describe in words, or in a blog, what it feels like to go from a caregiver of two little strangers to being their “Mommy.”  Or what it feels like to go from being screamed at for hours on end, to having them say, “I love you too” for the first time.  It’s been quite the journey.  I am so thankful that God carried me every step of the way.  His gentle and consistent guidance over the last year and half forever cemented this truth in my heart: God keeps his promises…every time.

“I am blessed beyond belief.  Thank you Lord, for loving me so much.  I don’t deserve it.  Thank you for blessing my life and trusting me with these two little treasures.  They didn’t grow in my womb, but you grew them in my heart.  You have been cultivating my heart since childhood in preparation for them.  Thank you for not giving me what I thought I wanted, but giving me what I needed.  Thank you for keeping your promise. I love you, Lord.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment